Thursday, May 24, 2007

A New Smell

After reading a friend's blog about the smell of a new book, it inspired me to write one about the smell of a new purse. I went to a purse party last night hosted by the author of "the smell" and splurged on two new purses. One of which has this smell of burnt hair (a.k.a. leather). I found it funny to listen to others justify their reasoning on whether or not to buy a certain purse. Some people said that they don't take very good care of their purses and wouldn't want to get white because it gets dirty. I completely agree-I am one of those. I know that the appearance of a purse can change, but will the smell stay? I keep thinking about all things new. A new car, book, purse, shoes, etc., and find that the new smell eventually fades. What a shame!!

5 comments:

Sarah Amick said...

Are you getting into this or what! Don't you find that you share things that you wouldn't normally share about yourself. Like the purse smell thing. Very cool blogs!

Jen Barney said...

Hey- I am a "smell" kind of person too. I often will keep things in a plastic bag and seal it. It keeps the smell. Weird, but I did that with my grandmother sweater. I sometimes open it and it brings back great memories.

Kirsten said...

You know, smell isn't something that I've ever given much thought to. I have to say you have all inspired me to dig deeper inside and be more aware of these things. I am promising myself that will be more aware. Thanks to my Haley buds...you helping me become a better observer. (Because you all know I have issues with this)

Sarah Amick said...

Kirsten has accomplished step 1 of 12, admitting that she has a problem with: observances. That or we are hyper-observers (not sure if this is a word?).
Loved her comments about the little red tin. My grandpa had a metal container of band-aids.

Sarah Amick said...

Hey, I just noticed the new stuff to check out on your blog. How appropriate that the concert go-er would have sites with musicians. Very classy Mandy!